"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

22 May 2005

stop laughing at me

so, i dunno why people make fun of other people because of the things that they like and/or are proud of. i love dolly parton and everytime i mention this, i get laughs and jokes, which i shrug off, but deep down i am a little hurt. i could go on and on about why i love dolly, her film career, her music, her devotion to different charities, dollywood, her humour, etc, but at the end of it all, i don't think i would convince anyone to love dolly with me. and it's not just dolly i get made fun of... i'm a trekkie, glenn close is my fave actress, i read kids books, i love sci-fi stuff, i don't think there is anything more exciting than riding the haunted mansion ride at disneyland, the 1980's were the best time to be alive, i mourn the loss of saturday morning cartoons, i love broadway musicals and i like to sing along to really silly little ditties.

i wish that insecure people would stop wasting their time making fun of other peoples passions and loves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bigby said...

For me it's the Cheeseburger Song... but Cebu, The Pirates, and Moo-Shoo can also launch me into song in most cases... ;)

23/5/05 10:57

 
Blogger ... said...

Awe! You shouldn't let, as I think you best described it, their insecuties pull you down. They are just trying to knock you down to their level. They feel inferior to you, and thusly did what they did. People lash out at others because they are trying to deter them away from their inabilities. I hope you get out of this slump, and perhaps some words of ecouragement depending on how you take it. Well, my comment would be if a inexperienced, negativizing, pessimistic adolescent 14 year old can get out of his slump, then I do belive you can. And please take all my comments in a way that I'm not trying... ergh, w.e it would take a hell of a long time to explain!

23/5/05 12:21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home