"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

08 September 2005

the BIG 100!!!!

wow... my 100th post...

i feel like it should be momentus, something that oozes of not only my stellar wit, but my personality, my hopes, my fears, my passions and my dreams! however we all know that wit as dry as mine is not only overrated, but too often, not understood, so i shall stick to my normal routine of what i do best...

THE BROTHERS GRIMM
well, for a movie that had a lot of potential, this was a kinetic disappointment! i was really looking forward to terry gilliam's new film, especially after having just seen Lost in La Mancha... and although i don't think that ehren kruger writes the best stuff in the world (with the exception of scream 3 being arguably the best of the scream trilogy!) this movie looked like a GREAT concept! alas, that is all it was... a concept film... drew may disagree with me, but i think that this movie would have been handled much better had it been directed by tim burton, or joel schumacher both of whom have had their fair share of hits and misses but who both have also shown time and again that they can handle the dark epic which this film clearly TRIES to be. the story was ALL OVER the place, and the editing was poor (or amazing, depending on what the guy had to work with...) but i just think that a 2 hour film could have done SO MUCH MORE with not only it's main characters, but it's plot development. however, i will say this... the special effects were great :) overall... 2 out of 5 stars

ok... what else is new in my life... OH! remember this post about willy fog?? WELL,... i was at fry's the other day, buying Gargoyles: The Complete First Season on dvd when i happened across 2 dvd titles: Willy Fog: Around the World in 80 Days and Willy Fog: Journey to the Centre of the Earth!!! amazing huh?? it always happens that once you start looking for something they inevitably start releasing it on DVD or VHS or something else... the same thing happened when i was pining for my 80's cartoons... now we have he-man on DVD, thundercats on DVD, my little pony on DVD, jem on DVD, dangermouse on DVD and count duckula coming to DVD soon! :) i do feel personally responsible for getting these much loved titles to DVD for the world to enjoy and now now the world can enjoy my willy fog!! the only downfall to these 2 dvd's i got was that they were the "made for tv versions" which meant that they took the entire series (25 episodes, each one 30 mins long) and shortened them into a one hour and 30 min "movie" :( but that's okay... i'll take what i can get! :)

well, i guess that's it for now... my next post will be from entry #101 and i'll officially be in syndication! :) YAY ME! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

My 100th post was quite an event! Then right before 200, the counter stopped working so I lost track of where I was. Suddenly it started again but now the moment for 200 is long gone, so enjoy your 100!

I agree with you on Brother's Grimm. It just could have been so much better!

Gargoyles is one of my favorites and not just because of the Next Gen connection! I wish it would have made it another few seasons.

8/9/05 22:16

 

Post a Comment

<< Home