"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

12 November 2005

my clientele

Here is one of my favorite conversations with a table I waited on:

Guest: "My son won't eat any of this food I ordered."

Me: "I'm sorry."

G: "Can you make him french toast?"

Me: "We're a Chinese restaurant,... and I don't actually cook any of the food here, I merely bring you drinks and take your order."

G: "He really wants french toast."

Me: "Well, we don't have bread, or syrup, or a frying pan."

G: "So...."

Me: "So that's a no to french toast. I can get him chow mein..."

G: "Okay, that'll do."



Ahh, another crisis averted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

That's really funny! French toast to chow mein.

I thought of you yesterday. I'm in Barcelona and there are all the street performers just like at Santa Monica. Two of the big hits were Mickey and Minnie Mouse. I'm sure Disney would disapprove!

20/11/05 23:48

 

Post a Comment

<< Home