"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

02 April 2005

Jokes, Love & Death

did anyone do anything fun for april fools yesterday??

i called my sister in houston and told her that i flew into dallas/ft. worth airport from LA for our mom and dad's anniversary which is on april 2nd and that i needed her to drive up to DFW from houston to come pick me up and take me to our mom's house so we could surprize her!! :) it's about a 4 hour drive!! she freaked out... it was great :)

so today is mom and dad's anniversary and they have been married 28 years!! i feel kinda bad for my mom because my dad is on buisness in ohio and couldn't get off so they won't be able to be together for their special day :( a funny side note: my dad actually wanted to get married on april 1st but my mom refused for obvious reasons... smart woman, i'd never have been born :) anyway, that's why it's on the 2nd.

on a sad note, 2 people of note died today i found out via my friend Adam that mitch hedburg just passed away. he was a comic genius... i have a link on your right to a site full of quotes from him. they are funny... here's one to get you started:

"I opened up a container of yogurt, and under the lid it said "Please Try Again" because they were having a contest I was unaware of. But I thought I might have opened the yogurt wrong, or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me. 'C'mon, Mitchell, don't give up. Please try again. A message of inspiration from your friends at Yoplait. Fruit on the bottom, hope on top."

the second person wasn't known for his comedy skills as much as he was known for his big ass italian house and inspirational leadership skills. Pope John Paul II just passed away, literally about 15 mins ago. i may not believe in catholicism as much as i used to as a child, but you gotta have respect for that man.

i hope they both meet and become friends in heaven, i'd love to go to THAT party! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home